2019年6月26日水曜日

Different Worlds

Before I was born, my mum played music with four friends. (p. 6)

The main character Sam is a deaf girl naturally. She loves a man whose name is Jim. He is a good and kind university student. However, from her point of view, he lives in a different world. One day, she has an opportunity to go to a party which Jim is supposed to go to. In the party, she feels very hot, so she decides to go outside. Someone throws a snowball at her, who is Jim. They spend a great time having a snowball fight. If you are curious about the relationship between them, just read it!

Margaret Johnson. (2003). Different Worlds. Cambridge: UK.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I've read this book,too. I like this story very much because characters who appeared on it were too kind and charming, except for a girl. I want to read again!

    返信削除
  2. I believe people have interest for something which they don't have as Sam. These days, I watched a TV program and it said deaf people have no sound world in the hearing world. Sometimes it suffers them because the hearing world is mainly based on hearing people. I think this is not fair for every one. A world is not always one.

    返信削除