2018年12月13日木曜日

BR 2-09: The Mysterious Island

The baloon came down quickly now and the great waves tried to catch them. (p. 1)

 In this story, there are four men, a boy and a dog. When the men were escaping from prison with a baloon, they including the boy and the dog were blown off by a strong wind. And then, they landed at an island, but many mysterious things happened to them there. I will tell you some of them. Firstly, Cyrus Smith, one of the prisoners, seemed to have been saved by someone in the uninhabited island. He fell into the sea when they were carried away by the strong wind. Secondly, when they wrote down what they wanted for survival on a piece of paper, one box suddenly appeared. Inside it, there was all what they had wanted. They were amazed, but thanks to the help by someone, they managed to survive for a long time. Thirdly, a letter was sent by the unknown rescuer. After that... the most surprising fact became clear.

 The reason why I picked up this book is that I'm really interested in living in a desert island. Actually, I have been dreaming of going and living there since I was a schoolchild. After reading this book, I wondered what I would bring if I could take just one thing to a desert island. I would bring a lighter or a box of match to make a fire and broil fishes, and so on.

Verne, Jules. (2002). The Mysterious Island. England: Penguin Readers Level 2.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿