2018年11月22日木曜日

BR 2-06: Martin Luther King

Martin Luther King, Junior, was born on 15 January, 1929, in Atlanta, Georgia, in the South of the US. (p. 10)

  This book tells us mainly about Martin and American history. Martin was a major leader of the movement to gain civil rights for African-Americans. He is also famous for his speech at Lincoln Memorial; "I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood."

 I learned about Martin when I was a high school student. However, because I have learned him and his speech in English, I was able to get a better understanding of his dream. Actually, after I finished reading this book, I thought that I should know about American history and culture before I go to America.

Valerie Schloredt and Pam Brown. (1988). Martin Luther King. Florida: Longman famous lives


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿